What should I bring with me when I visit the farm?
- Comfortable closed-toed walking shoes
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Camera (we do not sell cameras so don’t forget to pack yours)
Does the hayride cost extra?
- No, the hayride is included in the admission price to Mikles Family Farm.
Can food or drinks be brought into the farm?
- Yes, you may bring a picnic lunch and drinks to enjoy at the farm. No cooking unless you have reserved/rented a campfire. For campfire prices see Campfires page.
Do you offer group discounts?
- No, we lowered our prices in lieu of group discounts.
When it rains does it get muddy at Mikles Family Farm?
- All surfaces here are dirt. Some walking areas are hard packed, but nothing is paved. Depending on how long and how hard it has rained determines how muddy conditions are here at the farm. Please come dressed accordingly if the weather has been wet.
Are you ever closed due to muddy conditions?
- Yes, we do close sometimes. Safety is important to us, as well as your enjoyment while you are here. If we are forced to close, it will be posted on the home page of the website. If you are driving quite a distance, please take the weather into consideration.
Do I need to bring a flashlight for the 5 acre Dark Maze at night?
- You are welcome to bring a low voltage flashlight (no bright beam lights please) or use a cell phone light. However, if you forget or prefer an alternative, we do sell 6 inch glow sticks.
Do you have campfires?
- We have personal campfires you may rent.
Can I bring my pet?
- Sorry we do not allow pets. Exceptions will be made for assistance dogs/animals.
Can I bring alcoholic beverages to my rented campfire?
- We are an alcohol-free facility.
Can I bring a stroller or wagon into the maze?
- Yes, as the season goes along, the dirt trails in the maze become harder and smoother making it easier for strollers and wagons. The heavier duty ones with the wider tires work best. The little umbrella strollers do not work very well.
Do you rent wagons?
- No, but you are welcome to bring your own.
Can wheelchairs navigate through the maze?
- Yes, keep in mind the dirt trails become harder and smoother as the season progresses. If we have had a recent rain, the trails are very difficult to navigate in a wheelchair.
Can we leave and come back?
- You may leave and return to the farm as often as you like in the same operating day. You must have your wrist band on for re-entry. This includes going to your car for any reason.
Can children come to the farm by themselves?
- Anyone under the age of 13 must have an accompanying adult 18 years or older.